ARS radiator warrany??

Old 03-26-03, 06:23 PM
ARS radiator warrany??

I had a radiator installed 4 or 5 years ago. the place that installed it said it had a million mile warranty on it. I believe it is an ARS radiator (had a sticker on the side of it). I've been surfing the web trying to find their website. The problem is the radiator sprung a leak, and I dont' live in the same state where I had the radiator installed. so I'm looking at a 2-3 hour drive on a radiator that leaks like a seive, and could pop at any minute. I'd much rather find a place locally that would honor the warranty.

any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-03, 06:40 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
1st, you need the warranty in writing, 2nd you need a proof of purchase date. Else you are probably spinning your wheels. I dont know what search engine you are using but I found a ton of webs relating to ARS Auto heating and cooling equip.

Old 03-26-03, 06:56 PM
Warranty in writing

Believe it or not, I still have the receipt from the garage. 1997, and it says on the receipt, million mile warranty on radiatory. is that sufficient enough??

I've used www.dogpile.com. . and just tried askjeeves .com . . I did find a few websites that carry ARS but I was hoping to find a local dealer, and not have to pay for a bunch of shipping. . . yea I know, . . I'm cheap. . .free radiator what more should I ask for. . .

Old 03-27-03, 05:41 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
ARS is offbrand, lackluster junk. You get what you pay for. Modine is FAR superior in durability, warranty and construction.

Why not go back to the place that installed it and ask for a warranty on it? If nothing else, ask them to get you the part free of charge and you'll do the install.

Old 03-27-03, 06:42 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Bad part is warranty's are only good if you can find a source for replacement. Friend of mine about 20 yrs ago got a lifetime rustproofing. He smiled for about 3 years, until the outfit went out of business. You will probably end up biting the bullet and purchasing a new radiator yourself. You need a radiator and 200 bucks or so should fix you up. "Some times" it it a long drawn out hassle to get replacement parts even tho you do have the paper work, and some items you just can wait. Get a well known brand.