Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

hood latch

Visiting Guest

03-28-03, 02:21 PM   #1  
janmac
hood latch

I like to know if any one ever replaced the wire that you pull to open the hood?? I went to pop my hood open and the wire snaped, so I used a pair of pliers, and pulled the wire...well the wire kept coming out ,so I have about 2 feet of wire hanging,,,does it cost a lot to get it fixed?? thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-28-03, 03:13 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
Open the hood on what??????/

CO

03-28-03, 06:21 PM   #3  
Hood latch

Back in the days of manual chokes (and carburetors) any respectable auto parts store carried 2 or 3 types of cables and handles. Is the broken cable a single strand? or a multi strand (like wire rope? Look underneath the dashboard and trace the route and see how long a cable you might need. Make a few calls.
If the auto parts folks don't carry it try some Bearing and Power Transmission houses, (Bearings Inc etc) they usually carry generic type cables like this for engaging PTOs on trucks, tractors etc.
If all ele fails try some junkyards.
frank

Visiting Guest

03-30-03, 05:34 AM   #4  
Joe_F
The type of vehicle would be a collosal help...

Go to the OEM dealer, buy a new cable and follow the links I have below or a service manual to install the new cable.

Search this Thread