Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

integrated direct ignition system

Visiting Guest

03-30-03, 03:31 PM   #1  
sslackjr
integrated direct ignition system

I have a 94 pontiac grand am, with a 2.3 liter, quad four, single overhead cam engine. I need to check the integrated direct igniton system and in my manuals cannot find a diagram of the single overhead cam. I want to know if you can tell me where it is located and where I might be able to find a diagram on it. Also are there any chilton repair manuals to read online?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-30-03, 04:39 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Autolibrary.org below.

Visiting Guest

03-30-03, 05:27 PM   #3  
Hillbillydeluxe
Hi,
Theb intergrated ignition system is located underneath the cam housing. If you look at the engine, there is a top cover on it. There should be 4 bolts that hold the cover on there. When the four bolts are remover raise the cover straight up as the spark plug boots go straight down into the head. You will be able to raise it but the module wiring will keep you from completely removing it, so that will have to be unpluged.
What kind of problems are you having with you auto? If there is anyway that I can help, just ask. You should take great care working on the DIS system as there is very high current produced by the coil packs.
I hope that this helps.

Jackie

Search this Thread