Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

'90 Acura Integera transmission acting up

Visiting Guest

04-02-03, 04:34 PM   #1  
Bahamaboy
'90 Acura Integera transmission acting up

1990, Acura Integera, auto,4cyl
When the car is cold (like first thing in the morning or during cold weather) the car gets into second gear and does not advance in gears untill the engine or transmission (your pick) is warmed up.
I bought the car almost a year ago and it has nearly 200k miles on it.
I dont know when the trans filter and oil were changed but I will do them soon. I just thought it may be some other problem.
A little insight would be nice - Thanx

Sponsored Links

04-02-03, 07:20 PM   #2  
I would start with the fluid change and filter change, thick fluid with some water in it could cause slow shifting until the fluid is warmer. Check your vacuum line to the modulator and the modulator. That is best case scenario other wise you are probably having problems with you pumps or valve bodies.

Visiting Guest

04-02-03, 07:25 PM   #3  
Bahamaboy
Originally posted by WeldGod
I would start with the fluid change and filter change, thick fluid with some water in it could cause slow shifting until the fluid is warmer. Check your vacuum line to the modulator and the modulator. That is best case scenario other wise you are probably having problems with you pumps or valve bodies.
thanx, ill work on changing the filter and oil asap, preciate the advice

Visiting Guest

04-03-03, 05:43 AM   #4  
Joe_F
I agree with Weld.

Visiting Guest

04-04-03, 02:54 PM   #5  
Bahamaboy

I called around trying to find a transmission filter but was told that they dont carry it or the car is similar to a honda accord and doesnt use a filter. Could this be possible?

04-04-03, 03:05 PM   #6  
It is a drain and refill transmission and I think it gets checked without the engine running,which is unusual for automatics so check your owners manual to be sure.The manual should also state the proper fill amount ,use the factory type fluid,important for honda trannys,could be the problem if someone added a different type at some point.

Visiting Guest

04-04-03, 03:17 PM   #7  
Joe_F
Yes, some Honda/Acura products don't have a serviceable filter.

Search this Thread