Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

vibrations at high speeds

Visiting Guest

04-02-03, 07:11 PM   #1  
mastershai
vibrations at high speeds

Need help! I have a 1987 RX7 turbo and it has a vibration problem. It only happens above 55 mph and only while curving to the right. It also disapears after I past 75 mph. It started as a small vibration you can feel in the steering wheel and the intensity and sound increased over time. I now have a power steering fluid leak, don't know if its related but it's getting worse. I beleive it's not an unbalanced tire, had them balanced. Please anybody I need help finding the problem.

Sponsored Links

04-02-03, 07:28 PM   #2  
I would start with getting and alignment. If that dose not fix it, I would check my driveline joints and for bent wheel’s and out of round tires. There is also a chance that you have bearing on the way out. But that usally causes more noise than vibration. Vibration of any kind is not really a good thing for pumps. But I doubt that is the only factor in the leak.

Visiting Guest

04-03-03, 05:42 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Rotate the tires front to back. If the problem goes away it is wheel and tire related. Start there.

Failing that, likely bad tie rods in the front end.

Search this Thread