wont run right

Old 04-04-03, 07:57 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question wont run right

i have a 1992 astro van with 130,00 miles. a 4.3 engine. i just had pluggs, rotor, fuel filter replaced. it nows runs worse than it did before this was done. after start up it misses pretty bad, and when you shift into reverse or drive it almost wants to stall. ive takenen it back to the place i had this work done at and they tell me they dont know or cant determine what is causing this problem.

Old 04-04-03, 10:09 PM
I would start with checking your codes. Next I would check your fuel pressure, and timing. I would consider pulling my injectors and having them tested. If all of that is ok you might pull off your exhaust and see if that helps. If it dose you might have an exaust obstruction.

Old 04-05-03, 06:39 AM
D
What was the initial problem?If they worked on it they need to get it back to at least where it was before they touched it.Have they refunded your money yet?If they can not or (will not)restore the vehicle to the condition it was when you gave it to them ,you need your money back.Give us the history behind the repair please.

Old 04-05-03, 03:35 PM
M
it was running i thought a little ruff and its been about 30,000 miles since the last tune-up.ive dealt with this garage a couple of times and been satisfied, but im the kind of person if you treat me right ill deal with you and recommend you.but from now on ill tell all those who ask what they did. im going to another place monday and i hope they can fix it, then ill go back down and report my findings!!!.i almost feel it the timing or fuel pressure, but i dont have the equipment to test this sort of thing, so thats why i relie on honest mechanics to treat me right!!!

Old 04-05-03, 06:57 PM
jamoke
Visiting Guest
ya know it probably wouldnt be a bad idea for someone to check and make sure all the spark plug wire are snapped on all the way and in the correct spot.
Ive see too many people change "1 @ a time" and get them in the wrong spot.

Old 04-05-03, 07:15 PM
M
i checked al the wires seem to be ok. how do i know if there in the right spot?. can i get a diagram at a auto part store. they did not change wirs. also reading a lot of posts im beginning to wonder if its not my iac valve?is this a costly item to replace and can it be done easily?

Old 04-05-03, 09:53 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Go back to the repair shop and have them correct the problem at no charge. Check the basics first.

Old 04-09-03, 06:43 PM
M
the wires was the problem, i started the van and used a spray bottle of water on the wires and they were sparkin all over. replaced them so far so good , thanks for the replys

Old 04-10-03, 05:58 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Good job. The shop should have caught that though .

Old 04-10-03, 07:14 PM
M
thata what i was sayin i dont mind payin for a job ifits performed right. but when you go to a place and they have your $$$ and dont try to help ya then that is the last time ill go to you or recimmend ya ill only tell peoplr my problem with you !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: