92 Honda Vibration when accellerating

Old 04-07-03, 03:58 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
92 Honda Vibration when accellerating

Have a question about this vibration/sputtering.Car seems to run pretty good except when your at a dead stop,trying to accellerate. Feels like it is missing but the engine runs smooth at idel. Here's what I have done in the last couple days..rotated & balanced tires,replaced spark plugs & wires, Dist. cap & rotor button.Could it be the cv joints or the trans. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-03, 05:23 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Does it feel like the engine is missing or there is drivetrain interference/issues?

Old 04-07-03, 06:05 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
Joe,kinda feels like it's missing/sputtering.But with hood open looking at motor it runs smooth.I even jacked it up,put it jack stands and started it,put it drive couldn't feel anything.feels like it's not getting enough gas?Checked trans fluid,was on marks.thanks,,

Old 04-07-03, 09:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Many of these era Civics had igniter and coil problems...I'm pretty sure Honda has revised the parts a few times---check Alldata.com for any bulletins that pertain to your problem.

Old 04-10-03, 07:06 AM
hd88
Visiting Guest
Is it a miss in the engine or a vibration? if it is an engine miss disconnect the vaccum line going to the egr valve, plug the hose and go for a ride if the problem goes away the egr ports inside the intake manifold are clogged. the intake then must be removed and cleaned out.hope this helped

15yrs factory trained honda tech.

Old 04-10-03, 07:42 AM
Rodney94
Visiting Guest
It's more of a miss.You can really give it the gas and it will go .I put some cleaner in it last night and filled it up .Running at idel,is real smooth,just pulling out ,seems to get worse sometimes,then sometimes it may get better / worse when it warms up,just back and forth.I'll check the egr tonight.I also while running unplugged the fuel injecters one at a time,all seemed about the same ,thanks alot

Old 04-10-03, 08:28 AM
hd88
Visiting Guest
check that egr , its a common problem

Old 04-10-03, 08:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with my "The Basics" post below.

Search this Thread