'90 Plymouth Grand Voyager AC

Old 04-07-03, 05:18 PM
'90 Plymouth Grand Voyager AC

I just took the family on an 800-mile round-trip vacation to the mountains to test the repairs on the engine, and the van performed very well. The next major project is going to be getting the air conditioning working before summer. The system is low on refrigerant right now, so no doubt I need to locate any leaks. In the process, though, I would like to convert to R-134a. Can someone tell me what parts, if any, I will have to change in order to make the swap? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance - Chris

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-03, 07:27 PM
the recovering of the refrigerant should be done by a shop and also after converting, the system should have a vacum pulled on the system and then charged by a shop. as per what is suggested by the manufacture to retrofit the system to r134a you can go to auto library or all data if you have a subscription and look under technical service bulletins, for the manufacturers recomended procedure.
http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual%...delLookup.html

Old 04-08-03, 03:49 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with BeJay. Not a DIY repair. Requires special tools, knowledge, procedures and know-how to do correctly.