Snow plow mount for Jeep

Old 04-07-03, 05:54 PM
DGR160
Visiting Guest
Question Snow plow mount for Jeep

I need some help in fabricating a snowplow mount, or modifying one from a Ford F-150 to a Jeep. I have three Jeeps and would like to mount the plow to either a '68 CJ-5, '51 Willys pick-up, o '95 Wrangler. My preference if the '68, next the '51, and lastly the '95, since the '68 is a beater and I am not too concerned about the bangs and dings it will get while plowing show. Next is the '51 which I would like to restore, so it is my second choice. Lastly is the '95 which is my everyday vehicle, and with care should last me quite a few more years. Since plowing is hard on a vehicle my fist choice is the '68. It has a V-6 engine, and so I know it has enough power. The plow is a 7 1/2' Meyers power angle, which I will cut down to 6', both to lighten it, and because that width will be adequate for plowing the driveway, and access road. When I bought the plow it came off of a F-150, and I got a lot of metal brackets with it. Clearly all that steel is too much for the CJ-5, so I need to modify it, perhaps beef up the springs, and a few other things. If anyone has any experience with this problem I would appreciate them writing with any helpful information. Thanks, DGR

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-03, 06:48 PM
fasteddy
Visiting Guest
plow

I had a 6 and 1/2 foot plow on a older cj 7. Make sure when you bolt brackets on frame that you have spacers in frame so you don't colaps it when you tighten bolts.

Old 04-08-03, 06:25 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I would just buy the correct mount for the vehicle in question. Check Ebay for the needed parts or with the company that makes the plow for any adapter kits or technical help they can provide.

I wouldn't compromise adapting things to fit. You could ruin the plow or equipment. It may be easier to have a welding shop fabricate what you need.

A Jeep newsgroup may also net you more information too.