95 Honda Civic

Old 04-08-03, 06:29 AM
duce110
Visiting Guest
95 Honda Civic

I have 95 Honda Civic Ex and I'm having trouble with it. I tried turning on my car this morning and the engin kept rolling over. It didn't want to start. This is the second time this week it has happened. The first time was on Sunday, it didn't want to start but 2 or 3 hours after I let it sit, it started. It worked fine yesterday but doesn't want to turn on today. Any suggestions on what it might be. Another thing, it currently has 115000 mile on it. Is there something I should do with a car after 110000 miles (flush the transmission, change the timing belt), somthing like that. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 04-08-03, 06:31 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with my "The Basics" below. Tell us what you find.

Old 04-08-03, 06:52 AM
duce110
Visiting Guest
95 Honda Civic

I asked around, and I was told the same thing. It's not the alternator, the starter or the battery

Old 04-08-03, 07:44 AM
ming
Visiting Guest
It could be a coolant tempreature sensor. it is a 2 prong connector located beneath the distributor

Old 04-08-03, 08:26 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
You need to determine that the basics (air, fuel and spark) are OK and all present. Without that you can't go anywhere.

Start by taking the distributor cap off. Have someone crank the engine. If the distributor rotor doesn't turn, the timing belt is broke. The engine is possibly wasted (bent valves) if this is the case.

You could also have no fuel. Again, my basics has how to check (fuel pressure gauge)

Multitude of possibilities---you have to rule them out. You can easily throw more parts at the problem than this will ever be worth .

Old 04-09-03, 05:40 PM
hd88
Visiting Guest
first check to see if you have spark while cranking.if you do check and make sure you have fuel pressure. if you have no fuel pressure a common problem is a faulty main relay located an the drivers side under the dash .hope this helps

Old 04-10-03, 05:59 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. Back to the Basics

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: