Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1997 Chevy Cavalier

Visiting Guest

04-08-03, 08:36 AM   #1  
Melvin Lynch
1997 Chevy Cavalier

I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier that I am trying to locate the horn on. I have spoken to GM and they have given me a couple of places to look. Behind the passenger side headlight or under the cowl by the windshield. I don't see it in either place. I have contact between the horn pad on the steering wheel and the horn relay because I can hear the relay clicking when I mash the horn pad. If anyone has a 1997 Cavalier, would you be kind enough to blow the horn and try to determine what area the sound is coming from? This will let me know where to look. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-08-03, 08:54 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Have a look in autolibrary.org below to see if they give you the location and a photo.

Also, call up a GM dealer's parts department and see if they can locate it on the parts microfiche for you.

Visiting Guest

04-08-03, 09:07 AM   #3  
darrell McCoy
probably same as a 98. Look on pass side in front of the wheel area. Probably front side of inner fender well. Think there were problems with this particular horn placement, not being protected from the elements.

Search this Thread