Turn signal flasher?

Old 04-12-03, 07:27 AM
Matt Marsh
Visiting Guest
Turn signal flasher?

Would anyone know where the turn signal flasher is located on a 1997 GMC Sonoma? Mine stopped flashing, and I cannot locate it. Of course all of the local service and parts departments are closed on saturdays. Matt

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-03, 07:42 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Matt: As you know, best bet would be ask parts guy to look in the book. But a 96 which should be the same, is under dash to left of radio. Lower panel has to come off to access it.

Old 04-12-03, 08:07 AM
Matt Marsh
Visiting Guest
Thanks Darrell,

That figures. Lets take an frequently relaced part and bury it deep under the dash so that the owner has to rip his car apart and stand on his head to replace it LOL.

Old 04-12-03, 09:37 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Usually it's in the middle under the dash near the convenience center.

Old 04-12-03, 09:42 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
yep I know matt but if you DIY you will save about 70 bucks. Look at the bright side.

Old 04-12-03, 10:28 AM
Matt Marsh
Visiting Guest
Thanks again Darrell and Joe,

I just finished the job, and it was a real bearcat considering it was just to replace a flasher. I had to remove the bottom and lower cowling as well as the front dash panel to get at the flasher compartment. There must have been at least 20 screws with three different types of heads and lengths!

I replaced both the turn signal flasher and the emergency flasher since I was already in there. I must be really out of the loop, the last time I replaced a flasher it was conveniently located with the fuses.