Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Turn signal flasher?

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 07:27 AM   #1  
Matt Marsh
Turn signal flasher?

Would anyone know where the turn signal flasher is located on a 1997 GMC Sonoma? Mine stopped flashing, and I cannot locate it. Of course all of the local service and parts departments are closed on saturdays. Matt

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 07:42 AM   #2  
darrell McCoy
Matt: As you know, best bet would be ask parts guy to look in the book. But a 96 which should be the same, is under dash to left of radio. Lower panel has to come off to access it.

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 08:07 AM   #3  
Matt Marsh
Thanks Darrell,

That figures. Lets take an frequently relaced part and bury it deep under the dash so that the owner has to rip his car apart and stand on his head to replace it LOL.

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 09:37 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Usually it's in the middle under the dash near the convenience center.

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 09:42 AM   #5  
darrell McCoy
yep I know matt but if you DIY you will save about 70 bucks. Look at the bright side.

Visiting Guest

04-12-03, 10:28 AM   #6  
Matt Marsh
Thanks again Darrell and Joe,

I just finished the job, and it was a real bearcat considering it was just to replace a flasher. I had to remove the bottom and lower cowling as well as the front dash panel to get at the flasher compartment. There must have been at least 20 screws with three different types of heads and lengths!

I replaced both the turn signal flasher and the emergency flasher since I was already in there. I must be really out of the loop, the last time I replaced a flasher it was conveniently located with the fuses.

Search this Thread