89 voyager front suspension

Old 04-13-03, 08:28 AM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
89 voyager front suspension

i have an 89 voyager with the turbo 2.5 in it (rebuilt engine low total miles).
I have replaced the sway bar bushins (all of them), motermounts (all of them),axles, ball joints tie rods (outer), and rear shocks i have also put new tires and wheels(balanced)all the way around.
am still left with the same problem i had in the begining, a "rattleing under the floor on bumps.
It feels like something hitting my foot under the drivers side but cant think of any thing there that moves.
The only bright side is that the replaced parts parts were cheap enough and not that difficult and were bad aenough to warrent thier replacement soon any way.
i have had 3 techs where i work look at this to no avail realize that this is kind of like sending a friend to the docter in you place but any ideas will be helpfull

:

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-03, 10:46 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Are the pivot bushings within specs?

Old 04-13-03, 02:26 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
i am guessing that you mean on the a frames? that is what i am starting to think especially the strut stub bushing but i dont know how to check them and dont want to randomly replace them if they are not bad

Old 04-14-03, 09:53 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
How are the struts and their mounts?

Old 04-14-03, 04:46 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
89 voyager

the struts were my first thaught since the van sat and the shocks blow out but no the are fine same with the mounts anoying part is i have struts and springs ready to go in along with new roters and calipers but not till i find out if i can fix this problem

Old 04-15-03, 05:44 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I doubt the struts are good if it sat long like that. I'm also sure if you have never changed the strut mounts, they are wasted at this age. I'd replace them anyhow---the ride on the van will only improve.

Old 04-15-03, 07:24 PM
wtfdissux
Visiting Guest
89 voyager

think i have it narrowed down to the a frame bushings esp. the strut stub on drivers side is there a simple way to check like with tie rods and balljoints?
also i am planing on replaceing the struts and springs as well as the hubs (figure i allready did complete rear suspension and brakes may as well do the front)

Old 04-16-03, 03:25 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
How do they look? Are they compressed or dry rotted?