Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1994 Jeep

sdherring's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

04-13-03, 11:24 AM   #1  
1994 Jeep

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo 5.2L V-8. My question is how do I tell if I have Trac-LokŪ (limited-slip) differentials? I want to change the fluid in my diffs. Thanks and go MARINES!!!

Sponsored Links
Joe_F's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

04-14-03, 09:57 AM   #2  
Call up the Chrysler dealer, give the vin and see if the parts computer shows that sales option or not. Alternatively, look in the owner's manual or parts book to see if they describe how to identify it. Often they do.

Mojo700's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

04-14-03, 06:22 PM   #3  
There is a forum where Jeep GC owners gather, and they'd be able to tell you how to identify what you've got. If I recall, there is a tag that is wire-tied to the differential with code numbers indicating what you have. But try the guys at JeepsUnlimited, they will know for sure, and usually you'll get a quick answer. Look here: http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/for...php?forumid=51

WeldGod's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 616

04-15-03, 02:48 AM   #4  
I am a big fan of just looking for it.

Search this Thread