1994 Jeep


Old 04-13-03, 11:29 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question 1994 Jeep

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo 5.2L V-8. My question is how do I tell if I have Trac-LokŪ (limited-slip) differentials? I want to change the fluid in my diffs. Thanks and go MARINES!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-03, 06:06 PM
WeldGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
Well there are two ways, drop the differential cover and look or put it up on jack stands and see if the rear end locks up.
Old 04-13-03, 06:11 PM
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Connetisuck
Posts: 162
There may also be a tag on the differential cover that indicates limited slip.
Old 04-13-03, 07:25 PM
comtnman's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Colorado Springs,Colorado
Posts: 108
Call the dealer, give them the VIN number they should be able to tell you how it was built, with what options etc, I did this with my '90 Suburban to find the axle ratios, or do you have the codes on the glove box door like older GM's look up the codes on the net.
Good luck.
Old 04-13-03, 10:00 PM
WeldGod's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 616
CO_MTN_MAN has a good point. Some VIN's are on a metal plate where the front Windows MEETS the dash.
Old 04-14-03, 03:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
The owner's manual should also detail how to know if you have it. If not, as suggested, call a dealer and ask as well.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes