Smash!!!

Old 04-14-03, 09:21 AM
Smash!!!

I was planning on buying my wife a new vehicle after I got one, but it looks like we will both get one. Some one hit her last night and totaled her X5. I am just glad she is ok. I guess there are worse thing then buying new vehicles. Anyone have experience with the new 2003 H.O. Dodge Cummins? Or a Chevrolet Suburban with the rear steer feature? Those are what we are considering. The Dodge is for me and the Suburban for her. I drove the Dodge and really liked it. I have not had a chance to drive the suburban. This is the first brand new truck I will have bought in a very long time. I hated to pay for a new truck when I could keep my old ones running on bubble gum and bailing wire. I just let the wife get new vehicles. But I am really getting to old for trips to Moab and the Rubicon in a tow rigs that were made in the 60 and 70s. Any one else with me?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-03, 09:25 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
My personal opinion? GM products hands-down. Easier to fix, reliable, parts are common on many models and overall just a better truck.

Old 04-14-03, 09:31 AM
I really like GM products also. But I had to swear off GM trucks when they went with IFS on 2500 and 3500 models. I really am not a fan of the ford power train because of some things I have seen at work. I like the fact that the Dodge is still an I-6. With a lot less moving parts. But I really like the Allison transmission that the Chevrolet comes with. I can already tell this is going to be a hard decision for me. But I think the only hard part about picking the wifes Suburban going to be what color.