1991 Buick Regal won't start

Old 04-14-03, 07:58 PM
lisaj
Visiting Guest
Question 1991 Buick Regal won't start

A week ago my rear window was smashed with a beer bottle, so my car sat for a week before I even attempted to get in and start it. Now that I try, the car turns over, but there is no spark for it to actually start. I think it may be something to do with the fuel line. However, I was told about something called a roll-over switch the cuts the fuel line on an impact or something of that nature that may need to be reset. Does anyone know anything about this or if my car would even have one? I tore apart my entire trunk looking for it to no avail. Any help or other ideas for the starting of my car would be a great help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-03, 01:52 AM
You have no spark but think it's a fuel line? Start with the basics. Read the first post on this board. There is no inertia switch on these cars for the fuel. Try clear flood mode first. Crank it with the accelerator to the floor until it starts if you fouled the plugs.

Old 04-15-03, 05:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Start with the links and posts in my signature file below. Tell us what you find.

Old 04-16-03, 11:21 AM
lisaj
Visiting Guest
Hey, thanks for the input. I tried cranking it over and over for minutes at a time, the thing just won't go. Someone told me something about a chip in the distributer, could that be a cause?

Old 04-17-03, 07:01 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Once again, read my "The Basics" post, try again and tell us whether you lack fuel, spark or air.

Unless you tell us where the problem might lie due to lack of spark, air, or fuel, you are guessing and it will get VERY expensive.

Must start with the basics.