Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

The Fuel Pump on 92 Dodge Dynasty

Visiting Guest

04-15-03, 09:18 AM   #1  
sclarkx2
The Fuel Pump on 92 Dodge Dynasty

92 Dodge Dynasty
3.3 L, Automatic Transmission.

I have a question on the fuel pump of a 92 Dodge Dynasty.

I can see where the lines go into the gas tank, and hence, where the fuel pump is located, as I'm aware that the fuel pump is in the gas tank.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but It faces (out from) the rear of the vehicle, horizontally (from the rear side of the tank).

Now, this looks a little bit strange. Its not a nut & bolt assembly. Is there some tool you use to twist it out?

Basically my question is--how do you actually remove the fuel pump?

Thanks,

-Stephen

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-15-03, 09:45 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Lower the fuel tank and take it out of the vehicle.

CAREFULLY, using a screwdriver and a hammer, tap on the retaining ring and screw it loose. The ring comes off, and the pump lifts out with the sender and float (Of course, the hoses must be removed going to the pump).

See autolibrary.org for more specific R&R or consult a service manual.

Visiting Guest

04-16-03, 10:44 PM   #3  
knuckles
I agree with Joe_F, but for safety's sake don't use a screwdriver to loosen the fuel pump retainer.

A screwdriver could potentially cause a spark, which could prove disastrous in the presence of gasoline fumes.

There are wrenches available to remove these rings, but I don't know anyone who actually owns one.

Everyone I know (and I do this stuff for a living) uses a brass drift to remove/install fuel pump retaining rings.

Search this Thread