Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Eagle Talon

Visiting Guest

04-18-03, 04:24 PM   #1  
isit33
Eagle Talon

1992 Eagle Talon, 2.0L, won't start. The fuel pump will not run when key turned on but in running a bypass wire from battery to fuel pump it will run. There is electric at the jumper behind the battery so apparently relay is okay? Checked all fuses and they are okay. I do not have the cover for the fuse panel under the dash of the car so I do not know which fuse actually operates the fuel pump. The wiring harness to the fuel pump appears fine. Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-18-03, 05:03 PM   #2  
Port71
Instead of assuming I would go and check the fuses first. Then proceed from the one end of the wiring to the other. Check for a good ground, Voltage drops. Check the relay and make sure it works and is connected all the way. The worst thing you can do is assume and over look the problem(Ive been there)

Good luck!

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 03:39 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree.

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 06:09 AM   #4  
isit33
Eagle Talon

When you say check for ground where would I check for ground?

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 11:46 AM   #5  
Joe_F
What does your wiring schematic have to say?

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 11:56 AM   #6  
isit33
There is ground to the fuel pump plug but no positive. There is ground and positive to the fuel guage at the tank. Checked all fuses and they are okay. Fuel injection relay tested okay. Still have not found the problem. Continuing to test the wiring. Is there another connector/relay to check?

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 04:56 PM   #7  
Joe_F
Again, which wiring diagram are you using? Ante up $25.00 and get the Alldata.com one. It is just like the factory diagram.

Search this Thread