Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Driver's Side Door Replacement on 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan

NC

04-18-03, 04:56 PM   #1  
Driver's Side Door Replacement on 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan

My door was near fallin' off the hinges (cracked on the door, frame is okay) , so I picked up another at the junk yard. I think I was lucky to find a close match locally. ( interior color, exterior color, p/w , p/l, p/m). The new one came off an SE - its going on an ES, so I'll probaby need to get creative with the wide 'dodge' molding . Also, new one did not come with a speaker - I'm hoping I will be able to remove and remount that, and new one did not have courtesy light - oh well. It also came with a nice colorcoded bundle of wires sticking out, clipped off the harness. I'm hoping that some solder and shrink tube will solve that, and that the colors all just match up.

I'm hoping that I can switch out the lock cylinder as well.

So, my question is.....
.....where do I find instructions on removing and replacing a door? Any web references would be appreciated, as are your comments, and things to look out for.

Thanks.
...Mike

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-18-03, 07:06 PM   #2  
tazz143
Mike Haynes manual says to remove fender to access hinges. I just adjusted our '94 drivers door. I was able to get to hinges by removing the inner fender(plastic push clips)

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 03:33 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Snake in the harness from your vehicle into this when replacing. Don't use butt splices---asking for electrical gremlins if you do.

Check autolibrary below for the door R&R instructions.

NC

04-19-03, 12:51 PM   #4  
Thanks.

Thanks for the help - the references and advice given have helped me switch out my door. (But another question is coming, so...)

Thanks.

Visiting Guest

04-19-03, 05:02 PM   #5  
Joe_F
Keep all your questions in one post by using the reply button as you have done here. In this way, everyone can follow along.

Search this Thread