carb, vacuum advance

Old 04-19-03, 09:31 AM
carb, vacuum advance

1985 Dodge B150, 318, 3 speed auto. Had my carb rebuilt down in Texas about two weeks ago, now I'm in NYC and needed to make an adjustment with the idle speed. While I had the doghouse and air cleaner off I noticed the vacuum advance was not hooked up to any vacuum line. The van is running perfectly, no hesitation or stumbling and I should leave well enough alone. I can't find anything in my Hayney, Holley manual about vacuum advance on my carb. Could someone shed some light on if this should be left as is or connected. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-03, 11:33 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It has never been determined if your vehicle has all of the original parts or not. As requested by me, you have to verify the sales codes I gave you.

Without doing that, you'll never know was original and what is not.

Old 04-19-03, 08:09 PM
Joe, thanks and a happy Easter to you and yours. As I stated before I have no idea of what is original and what is not and I'm about the 6th or 7th owner of the van. There is nothing on the radiator or elsewhere which will tell me anything about what is original or not. I've finally gotten around the smog tests by registering the van in another state. What i'd like to know is if there is a vacuum advance on the distributor should it be hooked up or is it ok the way it is. If you don't mind I'd like the scenario both ways and I'll take it from there. Thanks

Old 04-19-03, 08:36 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
There has to be the broadcast sheet around it somewhere . Check the vehicle thoroughly. Call Daimler Chrysler and ask.

I was just in a junkyard in NJ and all of the Chryslers I saw there had this type of tag with all the codes. I even stripped parts for a work project on a 1997 Breeze and the tag was still there (although the rest of the car was chopped up..lol).

The tag is really the only way to tell. That and perhaps the emission control sticker under the hood which will show vacuum lines going to the advance if so equipped.

If both are missing, again, it will be tough to determine what is really what.