Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

94 Mazda 626 - AC/Fan problem

Visiting Guest

04-22-03, 05:25 AM   #1  
gregpwalker
94 Mazda 626 - AC/Fan problem

I have a 94 Mazda 626, 4 cylinder, 4 door. The fan has quit working except on 4 (Highest setting). The weird thing is, the A/C compressor is on for fan speeds 1,2, and 3, but when it gets to 4, the compressor kicks off. I had a local mechanic tell me it was probably the module that has the fan speed switch, and the push buttons for inside air, outside air, etc. I got one from a local junkyard, switched it, and it did not fix the problem. I am going to try switching out the relays - I know, I should have tried that first! Anything else it could be, besides the relays?? Also, on the relays, does cooling fan mean the fan on the engine or the fan in the passenger area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-22-03, 05:29 AM   #2  
Joe_F
The blower motor resistor is probably wasted. When top speeds go first, this is usually what it is.

Any dealer should have this part or be able to order it for you. The mechanic should also know that too.

Visiting Guest

04-22-03, 05:36 AM   #3  
gregpwalker
I didn't say he was a "good" mechanic. =)

I live about an hour from a Mazda dealership, and none of the local mechanics work on Mazdas. How difficult is it to replace one of those?

Visiting Guest

04-22-03, 07:35 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You must live in the boondocks. Mazda is just as any other Japanese car. Nothing special, nothing great .

Have one of the online Mazda dealers at Parts.com fax you the exploded view from the parts book and you'll see what you are up against.

Search this Thread