Isuzu Rodeo transmission indicator light

Old 04-25-03, 04:45 AM
Lightbulb Isuzu Rodeo transmission indicator light

I currently own a 1992 Izusu Rodeo 3.1 ltr 6 valve 2x4 with 103k miles. This truck has been working like a dream for the past 12 years with no major problems. Regular oil changes, muffler changes here and there, O2 sensor just changed, tune up recently.

While driving last light from work with the A/C on(which runs hard by the way) and after 1 hour the transmission light went on. It seemed to have lost slight power as well. I pulled over and immediately shut the a/c and motor for 15 min. After I started back up, the light never turned back on, I never drove over 55. Needless to say I did not want to turn the a/c on because I wanted to get home.

Can anyone tell me If I should get this checked out or is this a flase alarm? Can the issue be checked out without paying a pretty penny. And if there is any problems can anyone guesstimate what the cost might be. The repairs might not be justified keeping the vehicle.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-03, 05:45 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It may be worth while to have checked out. What type of tranny light illuminates?

Fluid temperature? 4WD active?

Old 04-25-03, 01:27 PM
Joe_f,

Thanks for the reply, the light that turned on was on the dash that stated "check trans". But then went away after stopping for 15 min. I'll check those resources, Thanks.

Old 05-04-03, 08:59 AM
Legion1
Visiting Guest
I also have a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4, 3.1 V6, and have noticed that light seems to be a bit finicky. One time for example my girlfriend hit the gas pedal climbing in before starting the vehicle, basically flooding it. When it started after a bit it ran crappy for a minute and the "check trans" light in the mid dash came on. After shutting it down and resatarting a moment later, no light, vehicle ran fine. Also have had it when running AC as you stated, this light seems to come on for me if somehow the engine isnt running exactly right, because my AC runs hard as well. Does your tranny have winter and power drive modes as well?

Old 05-04-03, 01:34 PM
Yes Winter and Power mode

Legion1,

I'm glad someone out there has experienced a finicky Rodeo. Yes I do have Winter and Power modes. I have not experience the Check Trans light since stopping and letting the car rest (hahaha). Just for your info, I did speak with a Isuzu technician, They said that if there was tranny problems the light would stay on all the time. But to just keep a watch for anything weird.

Thanks