Anco Wiper Blades

Old 04-26-03, 03:35 PM
goodyrl
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Anco Wiper Blades

I replaced the whole arm because my old ones were squeaking on the glass. The new ones squeak just as bad. Is there a way to lessen and/or increase the tension on Anco Wiper Blades? Thanks

Last edited by goodyrl; 04-26-03 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-03, 04:24 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Most ARMS have a pre set spring that shouldnt need adjusting. You dont mention model/yr of veh??? There were tsb's on some newer vehicles. Clean glass with clay magic(Follow instructions on the label), then clean with ammonia water. Use quality wiper blades. I prefer genuine rubber ones myself. All else fails. Try Rain-X.

Old 04-26-03, 06:30 PM
Huxley
Visiting Guest
try rain x

I put some on the window and then I rub it on the wiper blades with a rag works great no noise.

Old 04-26-03, 08:14 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I prefer Trico Exact Fits as they appear to be the OEM blade.

Old 04-27-03, 02:38 AM
After a year of messing around with the aftermarket blades including the Teflon ones, I went back to the Ford Motorcraft blades on my Merc 6 months ago and no more chatter. Most of the aftermarket blades are shorter in height and do not have the flexibility to flip over from side to side and create the correct squegee action. I also changed both wiper arms to no avail. Bon Ami is another cleaner recommended for taking road scum off the windshield. When in doubt, try a new set of blades from the dealer(OEM)...it just might stop your headache from all the wiper noise.

Old 04-27-03, 05:51 AM
goodyrl
Visiting Guest
1996 Chrysler Sebring JX Convertible. Thanks for suggestions I will look into them. Any others also appreciated. Just registered at this site yesterday, thanks to all for help.

Search this Thread