86 Blazer S10 new transmission question

Old 04-27-03, 05:35 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
86 Blazer S10 new transmission question

Just had a reman'd transmision put in 2.8L S10 Blazer. Before replacement the 4WD control was in '2 wheel' with the light on 2 wheel.
Now the light is on neutral. We've been driving it for a week. I went to switch it to 2 wheel. It feels like it made the switch, but the light is not coming on. I 'tested' 4WD and it felt like the switch happened, but the 4WD light didn't come on either.

Any opinions?

Old 04-27-03, 06:10 PM
F
More info: The transfer case was taken out and new seals/fluid put in. My owners manual just says if the light doesn't come on going or coming from 4WD to take it to a dealer for inspection.

Old 04-28-03, 05:51 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
The actuator that switches may be stuck. See autolibrary below for some information on it.

Old 04-28-03, 11:13 AM
F
I went by another shop today and they said the linkage could have been put in upside down or something. That it could be a minor check and easy to correct and that I haven't caused any problem to my car. Do you agree? Thanks!

Old 04-28-03, 11:17 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Sure, could be. Have them take a look at it and see what they find for you and let us know.

Old 04-28-03, 11:48 AM
F
Will do.. I just need to pry the car away from my busy son. My trip to the shop today was in another car just to ask about it.
I'm glad to know driving it isn't messing up the tranfer case or anything.
I'll let you know later this week.
Am also dealing with a 90 Daytona that had the front end crushed due to brake failure/lock up. This particular son now thinks he can throw away the $2000 we've put into the car and get a Toyota MR2.
I've got access to a rebuilder for what we can't do ourselves, parts from a junkyard, someone with a paintbooth and should be able to fix the car for about $500. It's drivable now.
This kid does NOT need an MR2!

Old 04-28-03, 12:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol. MR2's are trouble and he's prone to wrecking things, the MR2 will be an expensive deathtrap.

How about a Geo Metro or something that's not worth beans if he racks it up ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: