Freeze Plug replacement?

Old 04-28-03, 01:26 PM
CaptainRon
Visiting Guest
Question Freeze Plug replacement?

Help please,
I have a '93 Dodge B250 Mark III Conversion Van with a 318 engine and automatic transmission. I recently noticed that I had a coolant leak and had two of the freeze plugs changed (the two on the back part of the engine near the top). Now I have another leak, and a friend of mine who owns an auto body/repair shop said that the leak looked like it was coming from at least one of the freeze plugs that is behind the bell housing of the transmission.

My question is, "How do I pull the transmission to get to these freeze plugs?" Is there a handbook available that tells you about pulling the tranmission, how and which bolts to remove, etc. I have an electrical maintenance background and have even changed the motor in a '79 Mustang (about 15 years ago, but had my Dad guiding me), so any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Ron
Shelby, NC

Old 04-28-03, 01:30 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check autolibrary.org below, purchase a 25 dollar Alldata.com subscription, or the best option, a Chrysler service manual.

The latter is the recommended book and is available through Dymet, the link is provided in my "The Basics" below.

Old 04-28-03, 05:29 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Just my opinion, but I am surprised that a freeze plug went out on you after only 10 years. I have cars ranging from 5-17-30 years old, and have NEVER had to replace a freeze plug on any of them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: