Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement

Visiting Guest

04-28-03, 04:00 PM   #1  
goodyrl
Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement

I have a 96 Sebring JX Convertible. It has 85K miles and I'm getting the belt & pump replaced. When you change a timing belt should you also change the timing belt tensioner and tensioner guides? The cost seems so expensive for all of this , any idea what all of that should cost for a Chrysler 96 JX Sebring Convertible:
Timing Belt
Water Pump
Tensioner Guide
Timing Belt Tensioners

Thank you

Sponsored Links

04-28-03, 09:48 PM   #2  
it is a good idea to change the tensioner pulley and idler pulleys if applicable to prevent possible failure of those sealed bearings in the future which could internaly damage the engine, but it is optional and does not have to be done, assuming they are currently in good condition, but it is not uncommon for the tensioner or idler pulley to fail before it is due for another timing belt change. i would guess you would probably be looking between 400-600 dollars parts and labor you didnt state engine size and i believe it could have a 4 or 6 cylinder in this vehicle.

Visiting Guest

04-29-03, 02:29 AM   #3  
goodyrl
Sebring has a 2.5 V6

Thanks for the reply.

Visiting Guest

04-29-03, 05:42 AM   #4  
Joe_F
I agree.

Search this Thread