Would you like to know about oil/lubrication?

Old 04-28-03, 05:38 PM
Hughski
Visiting Guest
Would you like to know about oil/lubrication?

All you need to know is to change your oil and filter regularly

Joe F.

Last edited by Joe_F; 04-29-03 at 06:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-03, 04:01 PM
Hughski
Visiting Guest
Hi Joe,
I was wondering why the oil/lube-info link was removed. I didn't find anything in the rules that says it is not allowed to post links and that site is VERY informative. If I missed the rule, I"m sorry and disregard this.
Hughski

Old 05-11-03, 04:27 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
hughski:
I dont see any harm done, there are a lot of different opinions on the subject. All oil companies have different opinions as do people who own and operate different vehicles. Same with oil filters, etc. I just believe in regular service intervals, use quality oil and filters. I use A/C filters and 5/30 pennzoil, Know a guy up the road that sez they are not as good as brand X, ? Good thing there are as many manufactures of products as there are. To each his own. Many years ago I was a firm believer in Wolfs-head and the -royal triton oil. Also rislone. All in bulk. That was longer ago than I care to remember.

Old 05-11-03, 05:27 PM
Hughski
Visiting Guest
D McCoy,
That is why I added a link. For the everyday person, changing the oil every 3K (regularly) is great advise. But for those who have oil running through their veins, this is the best site on the net for lube knowledge. It is very well moderated and posters can not throw around unsubstantiable info and/or misinformation.
Hughski
btw...From what I've read, A/C Delco and Pennzoil are great products.

Old 05-12-03, 06:10 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Based on the way it was presented and written, it was perceived as pure advertisment and spam.

It should have been premised a different way, such as "What do you guys think about this?"

Old 05-15-03, 08:54 PM
Hughski
Visiting Guest
Hi Joe,
My fault if this thread appeared as spam. Would it be possible to repost the link? There seems to be an interest in it judging by the number of hits. LMK
Hughski

Old 05-16-03, 06:03 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It's really not necessary because there has been a LOT of discussion on this forum about oil and such .

The bottom line is that anyone can find such links in search engines like www.google.com

Old 05-16-03, 01:52 PM
Hughski
Visiting Guest
Feel free to PM me Joe (or anyone) if you'd like to change your mind and visit the site.