Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Donut tire replacement

VA

04-29-03, 11:28 AM   #1  
Donut tire replacement

1995 Acura Integra GS-R

I've been thinking about replacing the donut spare with an actual tire. Normally the tires are mounted on custom wheels rather than your basic rim- but I'd like the spare to be on a rim rather than hide one of these custom jobs in the trunk.

Is there a cross-reference chart, or some way to find out what rim will match my car?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-29-03, 11:31 AM   #2  
Joe_F
It likely will not fit into the spare tire well.

Just go to a salvage yard or tirerack.com and pick up a rim for your vehicle and have a tire mounted.

Salvage yards have Hollander interchange manuals which show what parts interchange with other cars and models.

VA

04-29-03, 11:41 AM   #3  
Thanks, Joe_F

Thanks- didn't know the salvage yard would have a reference, I thought I'd have to show up knowing what I need.

I thought about the wheel well after I posted. I may investigate building a plywood cover for the well, but that may just be too much trouble.

Thanks again!

Visiting Guest

04-29-03, 01:19 PM   #4  
Joe_F
Depends on the yard. If they go "Huh???" when you ask about a Hollander Interchange manual, you're in the wrong yard.

ADP/Hollander is the master/standard for salvage yard inventory management.

Search this Thread