Fuel problems in 1993 Dodge Caravan

Old 04-29-03, 07:39 PM
Bubbles155
Visiting Guest
Question Fuel problems in 1993 Dodge Caravan

I have a 1993 Dodge Caravan, automatic, 3.3 engine. For some reason, I am not getting fuel, but have power to everything. Before I check the fuel filter, and fuel tank, I have been told there is an automatic shutoff valve ( the kind that if you have an accident, it automatically shuts the fuel off from being sent to the engine). I want to make sure I didn't trigger it somehow. Will save me a lot of time if that is the problem. I need to know if there is such a valve (there is according to Chilton's, but doesn't say where) and also if there is a reset valve, and where is it? Or is there a way to test it to see if that is the problem if there is not a reset switch? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-30-03, 06:28 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Test your ASD (Auto Shutdown Relay), that controls the fuel pump on most Chryslers.

Autolibrary.org (link in my signature file below) should have the test procedure.

Old 04-30-03, 01:06 PM
Bubbles155
Visiting Guest
Smile Got it fixed

Hi Joe. Thanks for your reply. I went ahead and took it into the shop today. Turns out a piece of wiring between the engine and the fuel pump had cut through, apparently had been broken for quite a while from the looks of it. So they repaired it. Luckily it wasn't anything real major, and not as expensive as fuel pump problems could have been. Thank you again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: