Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1987 s10 Blazer paint

Visiting Guest

05-04-03, 09:05 AM   #1  
Legion1
1987 s10 Blazer paint

I have a 1987 Chev S10 Blazer 4x4 that is basically a woods vehicle, I use it for going hopping around in the trails etc plowing snow stuff liek that. I just wanted to know the basic procedure for giving it a quick coat fo paint in flat black, just so it will stick and stay on. Nothing fancy I just dont like driving around a pink truck. Used to be red, sun faded it to pink. All i need is the basics on how to make it black, not going to be a show truck or anything, sanding, priming, painting?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-04-03, 03:19 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Doing it correctly is fairly costly and labor intensive. It's more cost effective to get a Maaco special on it so it looks decent.

I have seen some fairly decent cars painted by them (and not so good ones..lol).

Barring that, a few cans of Rustoleum should do .

Visiting Guest

05-04-03, 05:10 PM   #3  
Legion1
Rustoleum, yes this is what I am looking for I just need to know do I need to sand and prime before aplying. I did one time when i was younger paint up a old beaten down chevette with spray paint but when i went through a puddle on a rainy day it started comeing off. lol Will sanding/priming first solve that? Im definately going to go the rustoleum way, because it isn't worthy of Maaco

Visiting Guest

05-05-03, 09:11 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You'd really have to strip all the old paint off for it to adhere properly . That's labor intensive.

If it's not worth painting right, might as well leave it be, or just spray it every so often when you see spots coming through

Search this Thread