Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2002 Nissan Xterra=SQUEEEEEKING

05-05-03, 05:44 AM   #1  
2002 Nissan Xterra=SQUEEEEEKING

I bought this truck in June. it has been great till now. at lower speeds @ 25-30 mph, it squeeks really bad. if i step lightly on the brake, not hard enough to stop, the squeeking goes away. at higher speeds it also will go away. i took it to my mechanic, (not the dealer) to have him look at it. he says the brakes are fine and could not solve the problem. i suppose i will have to take it back to the dealer to have them look at it (a real pain in the @$$), but was wondering if there was anything i could do to stop the squeeking w/o having to bring it to the dealer. (not a lot of trust in dealers, sorry to anyone out there who is.)
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-05-03, 08:59 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Replace the pads with OEM Nissan pads and the problem will likely go away.

05-05-03, 11:20 AM   #3  
seeing as there are only 9000 miles on the truck, and the pads are still good, will replacing them just put off the inevitable return of the squeeking 9000 mi. down the road? they are still the original pads from when i bought it. should fixing the squeeking be a warranty item, although brakepad wear probably isnt covered?

Visiting Guest

05-05-03, 06:41 PM   #4  
Joe_F
First, see if Alldata.com shows any bulletins on the problem. If they do, then it's good reason to get the pads changed at no charge.

Since the vehicle is under warranty and the pads shouldn't be noisy in 9k of driving, I say let the dealer handle it at no charge.

Search this Thread