Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

A/c

Visiting Guest

05-08-03, 01:22 PM   #1  
ouhogfan
A/c

On a 1988 Olds Toronado where is the low pressure cut off switch for the compressor located?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-08-03, 01:49 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
what is the problem? I only ask because any A/C work/repairs should be done by a qualified tech to prevent unwanted/un-needed injury.

Visiting Guest

05-08-03, 03:41 PM   #3  
ouhogfan
the compressor will not engage even after it has been charged. I can get it to kick in if I unplug it & run leads directly to the battery.

Visiting Guest

05-08-03, 03:53 PM   #4  
Joe_F
It's usually inline on one of the A/C tubes. Hit any GM dealer for an exploded view from the parts book.

I agree with Darrell.

05-08-03, 05:16 PM   #5  
www.aircondition.com

Go to the discussion forum. You can find all the information you need to work on your a/c system safely on the net if you look for it. a/c.com is a good start.

You can even get certified as a "tech", for about $20, on-line, quite easily.

Your specific question, asked at the a/c.com forum, will probably yield you a specific answer.

OH

05-09-03, 04:35 AM   #6  
You should find it on a cylinder looking object "accumillator" usually near the firewall .

Joe has the best info though. The dealer will get you right where you want to be.

Search this Thread