Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1984 S10 blazer 4 wheeldrive- steps to remove engine and transmission

Visiting Guest

05-10-03, 10:21 AM   #1  
benbyit
1984 S10 blazer 4 wheeldrive- steps to remove engine and transmission

I have a 1984 chevy S10 blazer 4-wheel drive that has a bad freeze plug behind the flywheel. After several days of going nuts trying to disconnect the engine from the tranny, i have decided that removal of both may be the easiest way out of this. i have the engine loose but am having trouble seeing what needs to be done to remove the transfer case from the tranny, or if this needs to be done to remove the engine and tranny. Any help will be appreciated. thank you, benbyit

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-10-03, 10:23 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Have a look at autolibrary.org below, or hit the local library for a service manual.

The best resource is a GM factory manual.

05-10-03, 03:36 PM   #3  
All you should have to do to unhook the t-case it to bolt it. If you pull it out of the truck you will need to remove the linkage if it is a mechanical shifter and pull the cross member bolt.

Visiting Guest

05-10-03, 05:18 PM   #4  
darrell McCoy
Had a 84,S10,4x4 in 84, 2.8, 5sp. best if you remove trans-T/C before lifting engine. Leave bell housing on. Before re-installing get the upgraded bolts that hold ex. Pipe to exhaust. Maybe save another problem down the road.

Search this Thread