Painting a bumper cover

Old 05-11-03, 09:27 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting a bumper cover

I have a 2002 Accord. I recently damaged the front bumper cover and ordered a new one from the factory. Now that I have put it on the car, I have to get it painted. Of course, I want the exact same metallic blue color and factory quality job (clear coat etc.).

The piece is fairly large, but I was a bit supprised to get the $300 estimate, as I thougt this seemed quite high. Is this what I should be paying? Mind you, this is the price if I take the piece off the car myslelf and take it to them, much eisier for them.

Should I trust places that are smaller and a bit more "quaint" to fo the job right, or are these places where only 18 year old kids go to get their 84 Trans Ams painted with flames down the sides?

Just wondering. Thanks

Old 05-11-03, 09:49 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
If it were my 2002 I would want to have it done right the first time. Find a good shop and let them do it. No, $300 does not sound that far out of line. Quality Paint/clearcoat has become expensive.

Old 05-11-03, 11:33 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
That's about right to paint a bumper cover, I agree.

Why not just let your insurance handle it? Or the other person that hit you.

Old 05-11-03, 04:38 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Uhm..., yeah. Well, you see, I kinda actually hit myself. Long story.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go ahead and pay the 300.

Old 05-11-03, 06:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
However it is d-i-y-able. Here's the paint source; just mentioned them in a post the other day on touching up:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

They have an ordering option for formulating your paint order with a flex additive for bumpers and such.

Old 05-12-03, 06:04 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol. Ok

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: