oil pump,oil level sensor 92 quad 4

Old 05-13-03, 09:30 AM
djwoody1
Visiting Guest
oil pump,oil level sensor 92 quad 4

92 olds achieva...if the oil pump is bad would that cause the oil level sensor to cause the engine to stall after 20 min of driving or so? maybe because it is not getting the proper lube and shuts down to prevent further damage ? 92 olds achieva quad 4

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-03, 09:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
No. The oil pressure sender completes the circuit to the fuel pump when initial oil pressure meets the breakpoint.

The problem is elsewhere.

More than likely an ignition problem. Don't spend a lot of money on a Quad 4 like this, they are wicked junk and riddled with problems, such as head gasket woes.

Old 05-13-03, 09:40 AM
djwoody1
Visiting Guest
ive checked the ignition module and no codes can be drawn up so im kinda stumped this is the only quad 4 ive had so no real exp on it and it is my girlfriends only means of trans so im kinda stuck with it

Old 05-13-03, 09:42 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
How did you check the ignition module? Use autolibrary.org below to guide you.

Old 05-13-03, 09:47 AM
djwoody1
Visiting Guest
hey thats a great site thx ....and i took the module to autozone and tested it there (i used to work for them)

Old 05-13-03, 09:57 AM
djwoody1
Visiting Guest
the only thing i can think of now is maybe the fuel pump or pressure regulator as the car will stall after diving for a bit and will start but when i put it in drive it will stall unless it sits for 30 min or so any other idea? and thx for you help (alot of thx)

Old 05-13-03, 10:26 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Joe's correct on that veh being a PITA. Check fuel pressure or have it checked. You may have a bad fuel pump.

Old 05-13-03, 10:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Whoa Nelley.

That's a different problem. If the vehicle will stall immediately when you put it in gear when it's hot, chances are the torque converter clutch solenoid is hanging up.

Also, if when slowing down to a stop if the vehicle stalls or "chuggles" (like when you drive a stick and slow down, forgetting to push in the clutch), that indicated a TCC problem.

There's a square four pin connector at the top of the tranny. Pull it out and if the problem goes away, leave the connector out. The TCC solenoid is wasted and it isn't worth fixing on this old heap. It won't affect much.