Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Power Steering Pump Pressure Hose

IN

05-14-03, 08:00 PM   #1  
Power Steering Pump Pressure Hose

1989 Honda Accord LXi - this vehicle has a power steering pressure hose, which has some sort of shut-off valve or sensor switch/guage inline.

in attempting to replace this hose, i pulled the hose from an '88 Honda, which does NOT have this inline switch. are the two interchangeable; i mean, is this inline switch necessary?

i can't seem to find an '89 accord at the salvage yard with the hose i need. i'm wondering if i can use the '88 hose and siomply bypass the switch, or whatever it is

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-15-03, 04:00 AM   #2  
Joe_F
No. Buy the correct OEM hose from the dealer, or if the aftermarket has the correct hose, from them.

Do not guess. Put the right part in there.

IN

05-19-03, 10:13 AM   #3  
Joe_F

Joe, thanks for your replies.

Do you have any idea what this inline switch does? What's its purpose? My local AutoZone has different part numbers for the high pressure hose, and I'm trying to figure out which one to order (they seem to be of no help). Any idea as to the cost of a replacement?

Thanks,
t-tal

1989 Honda Accord LXI (Fuel Injection)

Visiting Guest

05-19-03, 01:15 PM   #4  
Joe_F
It probably varies the steering effort required based on engine load.

Again, get the right OEM part. I suggest the dealer if the parts store cannot find the right one.

Search this Thread