Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 Pathfinder Seat Belts Slow Retract

Visiting Guest

05-16-03, 12:52 PM   #1  
clove57
98 Pathfinder Seat Belts Slow Retract

All of the seat belts in this car retract slowly and usually require persuasion. I see on Alldata.com they list a service bulletin for this issue but I don't subscribe to them (yet). Anyone have to tension these belts before and what's involved?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-16-03, 01:18 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
There is a TSB on this problem. Myself, I would take it to a dealer and let them correct this. Even with correct tools and repair procedure, it is best to let dealer do it. That way you will not be responsible. Most likely they will fix it for nothing. Else maybe cut some slack on the repair $$. I dont know what the TSB says. May require more than you would want to deal with. Someone may have the TSB procedures on here. However I do not think repair procedures mentioned on a TSB is meant for everyone.

Visiting Guest

05-16-03, 04:08 PM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. Job for the dealer who has the parts, tools and proper service procedures to handle it. Safety issue---do not delay in fixing it.

Search this Thread