transmission oil cooler hose

Old 05-17-03, 11:19 PM
JasonR73
Visiting Guest
transmission oil cooler hose

1996 Jeep 4.0 auto transmission.

I need to replace the transmission hoses that go into the radiator as one of them has a small leak. These are rubber hoses that have a connection to a metal tube on each end. How does this type of connection work? What parts do I need before I begin this job? Do I need to drain the transmission fluid to change these hoses?(The oil was recently changed)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-03, 04:25 AM
The connection is a compression clamp,you cut the clamp lengthwise,spread it with a screwdriver and it should come off.Replace your hoses using regular worm drive clamps,I use 2 at each end.You can make a tool for cutting the clamps with a pair of vise grips and a hacksaw blade.You don't need to drain the fluid but check it when you are done.Parts needed 2 sections of hose,8 clamps you measure the hose before you go.Maybe take one off so they give you the right size hose.

Old 05-18-03, 05:23 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Hit your Chrysler dealer. They may have formed hoses in the parts books available. It would be easier this way. Probably not that expensive.

On my friend's 1991 Shadow, the formed lines are still available from Chrysler, I jus bought them for him.

Search this Thread