transmission oil cooler hose


Old 05-18-03, 12:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
transmission oil cooler hose

1996 Jeep 4.0 auto transmission.

I need to replace the transmission hoses that go into the radiator as one of them has a small leak. These are rubber hoses that have a connection to a metal tube on each end. How does this type of connection work? What parts do I need before I begin this job? Do I need to drain the transmission fluid to change these hoses?(The oil was recently changed)

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-03, 05:25 AM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa
Posts: 2,417
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The connection is a compression clamp,you cut the clamp lengthwise,spread it with a screwdriver and it should come off.Replace your hoses using regular worm drive clamps,I use 2 at each end.You can make a tool for cutting the clamps with a pair of vise grips and a hacksaw blade.You don't need to drain the fluid but check it when you are done.Parts needed 2 sections of hose,8 clamps you measure the hose before you go.Maybe take one off so they give you the right size hose.
Old 05-18-03, 06:23 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Hit your Chrysler dealer. They may have formed hoses in the parts books available. It would be easier this way. Probably not that expensive.

On my friend's 1991 Shadow, the formed lines are still available from Chrysler, I jus bought them for him.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: