S-10 stereo

Old 05-18-03, 01:43 PM
fixacr
Visiting Guest
S-10 stereo

I have 1987 S-10 that has a bottom of the line radio and I want to replace it with a cassette/ AM-FM with digital tuner. Nothing fancy just better than what I have. There is a fairly good selection on E-bay, with many of them removed from vehicles to upgrade, many of them only months old. What year(s) models of GM or Chevy radios will fit into my S-10 with out cutting or a lot of "patched in" wiring?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-03, 01:56 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
If I were going to upgrade I would check with crutchfield, about anything you want $ wise and you can get what fits without a botch job. If you want An OEM upgrade, you need to check a salvage yard and they can tell you what will fit. Beware of "Used Units" like you describe.

Old 05-19-03, 10:33 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have a junkyard check their Hollander Interchange manual and it will tell you what interchanges to what.

Old 05-20-03, 06:05 AM
Around here, BestBuy will/can sell adaptor kits to mount just about any stero system into just about any car/truck, and look professional to boot.. Might check with them too.. Last 1 I changed over, the had the proper wiring harness to plug into my truck without the crazy "cut and splice" you see some places do..

Old 05-21-03, 06:56 PM
Lanny
Visiting Guest
JVC

Have replaced radio in my 89 and 91 GMC with JVC you can purchase the facing kit takes about 1 hour. Good Luck