restoring stainless steel?

Old 05-18-03, 06:55 PM
Question restoring stainless steel?

i recently bought a 1950 dodge truck, it was in the process of being turned into a street rod but the owner threw out his shoulder. anyways there is alot of stainless steel and some of it has pits and surface rust, how would i get that off without scratching it???? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-03, 07:27 PM
Lightbulb

Try the tile cleaner that you spray into the tub & tile. I have great success with this product or you can buy those stainless steel cleaner @ the Home Depot. I hope this helps.

Otto

Old 05-18-03, 08:28 PM
restoring stainless

You can get a buffing wheel and install it in place of the stone on your grinder, and with some polish and practice on a few junkyard pieces, you will do fairly well. You can find polishing supplies in the Eastwood Auto restoration catalog or on their web site. If you have some badly damaged parts you may want to send your pieces to a professional, especially if you want "show quality" results. I used Pro One Polishing of Hobart, Indiana, (800) 999-1677, and they turned pitted and smashed body side mouldings into "showroom new" at a very reasonable price. There are other firms that offer this service and you can find them at Hemmings Motor News web site under services offered.Good luck.

Old 05-19-03, 09:17 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Grandspan.

Old 05-19-03, 11:03 AM
thank you

thanks everyone for your knowledge