Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1991 Mazda 626LX Paint

CANADA

05-18-03, 10:09 PM   #1  
1991 Mazda 626LX Paint

I own a 1991 Mazda 626LX, which has been owned by my family since it was new. The paint has been fading and peeling since the car was less that 2 years old. My mother tried to get answers about this from Mazda several years ago, but was given the "run-around". I have seen other '91 Mazda 626s with the same paint problems. Is there anything I can do to get Mazda to pay for a paint job?

Last edited by Marie12345; 05-18-03 at 10:33 PM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-19-03, 03:48 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Not really. Too old now. Unless there is a class action lawsuit against them on it, you're beat .

My friend had this same problem with his 87 Mustang, and he got beat too. Very common with cars of that era (all makes).

Mazda has been pretty lackluster overall, so I'm not suprised you got the runaround . In my friend's case, Ford claimed to have sent his parents a letter to bring it in, but his parents never got the letter (they had every piece of paper pertaining to the car...no such letter).

Search this Thread