Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

spark plug wiring mixed up

Visiting Guest

05-18-03, 11:16 PM   #1  
danoodleliveson
spark plug wiring mixed up

in what order do you put the wires back on a 1994 pontiac gran prix 6 cyl 3.1 litr and also is 1,3,5 in the back or the front cause i looked it up on cybyrpro and it looks like the diagram is backwards i could be wrong but thats not how my engine looks.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-19-03, 03:44 AM   #2  
Joe_F
I believe both the cylinder heads and the coils are marked with the #.

05-20-03, 01:10 AM   #3  
As you far the engine from the passanger side of the car, number 1 is closest to you, on the back/windshield side of the engine..

Visiting Guest

05-20-03, 02:19 AM   #4  
danoodleliveson
Originally posted by msargent
As you far the engine from the passanger side of the car, number 1 is closest to you, on the back/windshield side of the engine..
so does it go 135 by the windshield then 246 towards the front

05-20-03, 04:45 AM   #5  
That's correct. As Joe said, lot's of GM's are already marked. If you look on the intake manifold,, near each intake port, they'll stamp the number of the cylinder, and on many, they'll stamp the actual firing order..Even so, I still like to use a reliable source, such as Mitchell, or Alldata to make sure.. I've run into 1 model, where the sticker showing the firing order was inverted..

Search this Thread