Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

"85 toyota Corolla air conditioning repair

Visiting Guest

05-19-03, 03:04 PM   #1  
asclepias20
"85 toyota Corolla air conditioning repair

1985, front wheel drive, automatic trans. Toyota Corolla air conditioning suddenly stopped working. I did hear a kind of hissing sound one day after just starting off with air turned on. maybe it sprang a leak?

The blower works. Car engine sound used to change, as if a slight strain was put on it when I'd turn on air conditioning, but ow i don't notice this change in engine speed. I checked and fuses seemed o.k., unless there is some that are hidden away. I was thinking that the gas leaked out, but I can't find that cylinder with the viewing window in it. Where is it located? here in the wet part of Hawaii I really need air conditioning. If I can fix it myself, it would be great! there's no way i can afford to take it to a repair shop here.

Live long and prosper,
asclepias

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-19-03, 04:34 PM   #2  
Joe_F
If you suspect the refrigerant leaked out (probably), that is not a DIY repair. A/C work requires specialized tools, skills and knowledge to do right.

Search this Thread