Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Oil leak revisited

Visiting Guest

05-20-03, 03:07 AM   #1  
Dan Libby
Oil leak revisited

Thanks to Joe F for answering my original question....

Further question - what possibilities exist as the source or problem leading to this oil leak? Again, the oil is leaking out from under the engine....particularly right after driving and the car is parked, from what I can see. I'm concerned the dealer may "temporarily fix" the leak with a liquid additive if I don't know better. Any ideas or experience to lend?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-20-03, 03:15 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Have no idea what/which vehicle we are talking about? Please use the reply button against all posts to keep continuity flowing.

If the dealer has a warranty and they are obligated to fix it, don't worry about it and let the dealer handle it. That's what warranties are for . If it leaks again and again, call up the OEM of the company who makes the car and tell 'em they're getting the car back and you're getting your money back.

Visiting Guest

05-20-03, 04:01 PM   #3  
Dan Libby
Oil Leak

Sorry, Joe F.

New to this format....the car is a 2000 Honda Civic EX, 33K miles.
Thanks for your comments....I'll be going back Thursday - just want to know what kinds of issues this COULD be.
Thanks!

Search this Thread