Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

89 lincoln air ride

Visiting Guest

05-20-03, 02:07 PM   #1  
moody
89 lincoln air ride

I believe i have a leak in my rear air ride system on a 89 continential (auto, 3.8l) & have been told that tire stop leak could fix this problem. is this possible? the car will level out for about 5 minutes, then leak down, i can pull over, turn the ignition off, start it up again & it will run another 5-10 minutes before the tires are rubbing. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-20-03, 03:48 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
If you intend to get it repaired, dont hob nob with stop leak. Waste of time. The age and miles I would suspect you have a shock leaking. I'd have it checked and then weight the repair cost to a conversion kit. This stuff can get into your dinner bucket pronto. Hopefully tho it is something very simple.

Visiting Guest

05-21-03, 04:10 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree. This is a piss poor system not worth 50 cents.

There is likely a leak in the air strut or lines. $$$$$$$$$, but there are aftermarket companies with some of the parts now.

Visiting Guest

05-22-03, 07:40 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Another option:

Monroe for one company, makes a conversion kit to get rid of the electronic suspension and make it convential, which is much cheaper.

Check it out at www.monroe.com

05-22-03, 07:47 AM   #5  
22+ years and that's a first for me.. Stop Leak in an air ride...
Personally, I don't recommend stop leak in tires, let alone something it wasn't designed to be put in...

My cent...

Search this Thread