89 lincoln air ride

Old 05-20-03, 02:07 PM
moody
Visiting Guest
89 lincoln air ride

I believe i have a leak in my rear air ride system on a 89 continential (auto, 3.8l) & have been told that tire stop leak could fix this problem. is this possible? the car will level out for about 5 minutes, then leak down, i can pull over, turn the ignition off, start it up again & it will run another 5-10 minutes before the tires are rubbing. any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-03, 03:48 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
If you intend to get it repaired, dont hob nob with stop leak. Waste of time. The age and miles I would suspect you have a shock leaking. I'd have it checked and then weight the repair cost to a conversion kit. This stuff can get into your dinner bucket pronto. Hopefully tho it is something very simple.

Old 05-21-03, 04:10 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree. This is a piss poor system not worth 50 cents.

There is likely a leak in the air strut or lines. $$$$$$$$$, but there are aftermarket companies with some of the parts now.

Old 05-22-03, 07:40 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Another option:

Monroe for one company, makes a conversion kit to get rid of the electronic suspension and make it convential, which is much cheaper.

Check it out at www.monroe.com

Old 05-22-03, 07:47 AM
22+ years and that's a first for me.. Stop Leak in an air ride...
Personally, I don't recommend stop leak in tires, let alone something it wasn't designed to be put in...

My cent...