Power Pro Engines

Old 05-21-03, 05:48 PM
Lanny
Visiting Guest
Power Pro Engines

Anyone had any experience with these rebuilt engines as Iam planning on purchasing one (4.3) for my 85 Gmc Safari van. Thanks (this is a very informative forum)
Lanny

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-03, 02:35 AM
Sorry, have not heard of them.. (this doesn't mean anything LOL!)
Dealt with GM target, Jasper, 4 Star, and a few others..Not Power Pro..
What kind of warranty do they offer? What sort of work do they do when they rebuild? What price range?

Old 05-22-03, 03:50 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree, never heard of them.

Old 05-22-03, 06:48 AM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
I am from the old GM and Jasper engines. I have heard and read on the engine co of which you speak, know nothing about them, but seems the new warranty of I believe, 5/100,000 miles is OK on new and the 12/12 on rebuilts is pretty much common. More competition than there was 40 years ago.

Old 05-22-03, 03:30 PM
Lanny
Visiting Guest
requested info

Power pro has been in business since 1959 these rebuilt long blocks constist of new pistions,rings,rod&main bearings,OEM machined block&heads, new cam bearings & shaft, main bearings, push rods, rocker arms, valve springs, oil pump, new timing compenents, freeze plugs and installer gasket set. Price 1135 plus 170 core charge. Free shipping plus many distribution centers in U.S. 12/12000 warranty. Order not sumitted as yet, there web address is www.automitiveengine.com/products.htm or just search prower pro engines. one shop has quoted me 16 hours @ 42.00hr exchange time.

Old 05-22-03, 04:23 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Hmm, still never heard of 'em. What's the price difference between them, Jasper, ATK North America and GM Goodwrench?

I'd go with the latter---has the most updated parts.

Old 05-22-03, 06:40 PM
There might be better warranties out there..But I'll say the labor rate sounds reasonable.. I live in a small town, and we get $65.00 flat rate..