Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Auliliary Cooling Fan Relay, switch, or fuse?

Visiting Guest

05-27-03, 03:37 PM   #1  
Bishop
Auliliary Cooling Fan Relay, switch, or fuse?

My auliliary cooling fan quit working on my 1991 2500 Suburban 454. Is there a way to test the relay or the fuse, or a switch that tells the fan to come on?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-28-03, 07:23 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Sure. What does autolibrary or your service manual have to say?

Visiting Guest

05-30-03, 03:37 PM   #3  
Bishop
two single green wire sensors?

While tracing the wiring for the Auxiliary cooling fan I found two single green wire sensors screwed into the engine, one on each side of the 454, and a two wire sensor screwed into the front of the engine, both of the wires insulation had been burned off by heat from the engine and both wires were grounded on the frame. I insulated both wires and plugged the clip back in to the sensor.

Is there a way to test the fan or find the relay to the fan. The insulation on the wires are so brittle I hate to pull and prod causing other problems.

Would the two wire sensor short out from touching each other and grounded at the same time?

Visiting Guest

05-30-03, 04:00 PM   #4  
Joe_F
You likely found your problem. Bring power to the fans from the battery. If they spin, they should be OK.

Search this Thread