Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cleaning Leather Car Seats advice

PA

05-29-03, 06:17 PM   #1  
Cleaning Leather Car Seats advice

I just bought a car two weeks ago that has leather seats. I've never owned a car with leather seats and have read about people cleaning and conditioning them. How often should I clean and polish them? Also, any tips on cleaning and/or polishing them would be VERY appreciative. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-29-03, 07:23 PM   #2  
darrell McCoy
didnt say if it was new or not? But I clean leather with a damp cloth whenever it needs it. Use a conditioner About every 3 months. Use sparingly. Usually I get the conditioner from the dealer detail guy, but armorall makes a decent conditioner. Beware of ball point pens tho, hard to get these marks out.

Visiting Guest

05-29-03, 09:04 PM   #3  
Joe_F
Saddle soap cleans leather well and Lexol makes GREAT cleaners and protectors for leather.

PA

05-30-03, 06:39 AM   #4  
Thank you!!!

Thank you for the helpful advice! To answer your reply...it's a new car. I want to take good care of it right from the start so I can hopefully avoid some problems with the leather seats later. Thank you both again for the helpful advice!!!

Visiting Guest

05-30-03, 12:22 PM   #5  
darrell McCoy
OK, new car. Secret to this is try like h___ and not let the seats get really mired with dirt and dust. . That way a moist/damp cloth will be all that's needed to clean. As previously stated, a light coat about every 3 months should suffice. Specially on top of back seat where it is prone to sun uv's a lot. Dealer says do seats everytime you wax car? But some never wax car, so 3 months should be OK. The front seats will eventually become shiney while back seats stay somewhat of a dull finish, unless you haul a lot of extra people.

Search this Thread