Cleaning Leather Car Seats advice

Old 05-29-03, 06:17 PM
Question Cleaning Leather Car Seats advice

I just bought a car two weeks ago that has leather seats. I've never owned a car with leather seats and have read about people cleaning and conditioning them. How often should I clean and polish them? Also, any tips on cleaning and/or polishing them would be VERY appreciative. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-03, 07:23 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
didnt say if it was new or not? But I clean leather with a damp cloth whenever it needs it. Use a conditioner About every 3 months. Use sparingly. Usually I get the conditioner from the dealer detail guy, but armorall makes a decent conditioner. Beware of ball point pens tho, hard to get these marks out.

Old 05-29-03, 09:04 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Saddle soap cleans leather well and Lexol makes GREAT cleaners and protectors for leather.

Old 05-30-03, 06:39 AM
Thank you!!!

Thank you for the helpful advice! To answer your reply...it's a new car. I want to take good care of it right from the start so I can hopefully avoid some problems with the leather seats later. Thank you both again for the helpful advice!!!

Old 05-30-03, 12:22 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
OK, new car. Secret to this is try like h___ and not let the seats get really mired with dirt and dust. . That way a moist/damp cloth will be all that's needed to clean. As previously stated, a light coat about every 3 months should suffice. Specially on top of back seat where it is prone to sun uv's a lot. Dealer says do seats everytime you wax car? But some never wax car, so 3 months should be OK. The front seats will eventually become shiney while back seats stay somewhat of a dull finish, unless you haul a lot of extra people.