Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

dodge w 5.7L running like crap?

Visiting Guest

06-01-03, 06:47 AM   #1  
jason1b
dodge w 5.2L running like crap?

I work on dodges all day and I have been repairing so many intake gaskets on dodge 5.2L AND 5.9L its unreal,so if your 1500 starts runnung like **** dont ignore it for awhile because if you wait to long the valves on the side where the intake is leaking will become covered in carbon and you will need a head job,so keep on top of it or pay.

ps dont get it repaired at a dealer because they charge 7 hours labor and it takes like 3.5 hours

Last edited by jason1b; 06-02-03 at 09:36 AM.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

06-01-03, 11:28 AM   #2  
Joe_F
What year are you talking about? I believe the 5.7 is the new Dodge "hemi" engine.

The defects you are talking about would be Chrysler's, not the customer's problem. Chrysler would be obligated to fix it at no charge.

Visiting Guest

06-02-03, 09:41 AM   #3  
jason1b
CHRYSLER IS NOT OBLIGATED TO FIX IT UNLESS THEY ARE UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE I WORK AT A DEALER AND WE ARE FIXING THEM ALL THE TIME AND CUSTOMERS HAVE TO PAY,AND IT THE YEARS I THINK 1996-2000

Visiting Guest

06-02-03, 09:47 AM   #4  
Joe_F
You can bet if this is a known problem, most customers are making Chrysler eat these repairs. I know I sure would .

I see you've changed the post. LOL. 5.7 is the NEW Hemi Dodge engine. The 5.2 and the 5.9 are the old line Chrysler V8s.

Search this Thread